Friday, July 29, 2005

I'm intrigued with a new sport. Competitive eating. Yes, I said sport. After all, ESPN is televising "The U.S. Open of Competitive Eating." Last night was the first round, featuring cheese fries. Tonight is the second round, featuring spaghetti. I'm told that future rounds will feature appetizer samplers. All the big names that usually appear at the Nathans Hot Dog Eating Contest are participating including Kobayashi, Eric "Badlands" Booker and Sonya Thomas, "The Black Widow." Yes, they even have nicknames. Kobayashi is the 130-pound Japanese guy who routinely eats 50 hot dogs in 12 minutes. He inhaled the cheese fries as he would a bowl of rice or noodles, using two forks to substitute for chopsticks. Keep an eye on competitive eating people, it's the next big thing!

Tonight I'm going bowling. First time I've gone bowling in... hmm, a long time!