Thursday, July 14, 2005

The Saga of the Water Bubbles :

I entered the bathroom this morning to take a shower and was greeted by the sight of water bubbles coming through the painted walls above the bathtub. Uh oh. Worst case scenarios flash through my mind - a pipe broke, they're going to have to break through the walls... in other words it'll be a huge mess. So I called my super and he checked out the bubbles. Good news! Nothing broke. According to him, the bubbles had dried up and what caused them was probably a huge spill in the apartment above mine. So he peeled away the paint where the bubbles used to be, will check on the water spillers above me and will call the building's painter to make my walls look nice again.

So that was today's high drama. Yesterday's highlight was receiving my new baseball jersey - the front has the Parks logo and says "Brooklyn Special Events" and the back has my last name and the number "8". For Gary Carter, of course.

And there's only a few more days until the new Harry Potter book is released! I'm rereading Book 5 so I can be all up to speed.