Thursday, July 07, 2005

What's the deal with Haloscan? The number of comments in the counter is far fewer than the actual number of comments that I've been getting. I've noticed that this problem isn't unique to me - it's been plaguing lots of other bloggers. And I switched to Haloscan because of its supposed convenience. Hmpf!

The past 24 hours have been some roller coaster for the city of London. First they're awarded the 2012 Olympics and then terrorists attack their mass transit system. Terrible.

I'm glad that NYC didn't get the Olympics. The city is crowded enough as it is. What particularly bugged me was the insistence that we should get the games just because we survived the 9-11 attacks. Um, hello, we're not the only city to deal with terrorism. Lest we forget fellow bidder Madrid who was attacked on March 11, 2004, or London who was attacked this morning.

R.I.P. Admiral James Stockdale. He will forever be remembered for making the 1992 Vice Presidential Debate so entertaining. "Who am I? Why am I here?" "Um, what did you say? My hearing aid fell out." "Gridlock! Gridlock!"

There are a lot of unemployed wrestlers this morning. WWE released a bunch of their mid-carders yesterday including the Dudley Boyz, Charlie Haas, Billy Kidman, Maven, Spike Dudley and others. No doubt its a huge cost-cutting move in light of their bad business.

I recently found out that Blogger has made it a whole lot easier to post photos. Which I'll probably do more of now. Maybe.