Monday, August 01, 2005

How did bowling go? Of the three of us, I came in third in each of the games that we bowled! But, during one frame, after I got nine pins down the MC said that he'd give me a free coupon for one hour of bowling if I picked up the spare. With the pressure on, I succeeded! So now I have a free coupon for up to six people that is good from Sunday through Thursday night until the end of August. If anyone wants to come, let me know!

The U.S. Open of Competitive Eating was won, to no surprise, by Kobayashi. He's a human vacuum when it comes to food as none of the other competitors were able to get close to him. After consuming cheese fries in the first round, spaghetti in the second round, chopped salad in the quarterfinals and potato skins in the semifinals, he ate an entire appetizer sampler in the finals. Watching it made me hungry. Also, one of the eaters was a young guy named Chris Coble. The name sounded familiar so I looked in my college yearbook and sure enough, there was a Chris Coble in my graduating year. He looked similar so it was probably him. Chris actually did pretty well. He almost upset Eric "Badlands" Booker in the first round but the Bookerman beat him by a matter of ounces.