Friday, August 12, 2005

I had a great time last night at the 79th Street Boat Basin Cafe. It was a goodbye party for Spencer, a Parks photographer, who is leaving the agency. Although a little on the warm side, it was a comfortable night to eat and socialize outdoors. There was a good turnout of Brooklyn and Manhattan people and the time flew by quickly. Hopefully I'll continue to see Spencer though at one of his frequent Astoria BBQs!

When I got home I turned on the sports highlights and witnessed a horrible outfield collision between Mike Cameron and Carlos Beltran. They were diving for a ball and collided into each other with their heads. Ouch. Cameron was stretchered off the field and has a broken nose, cheekbones and a concussion. This is actually a relief as it could have been a lot worse. Let's hope this isn't a sign that the Mets season will go downhill now.

I'm going to White Castle tonight. Don't try to stop me!