Monday, September 26, 2005


I think this is what I would look like if I were a Tim Burton animated character.

Tall? Check. Thin? Check. Short hair parted in the middle? Check. But for the record, I have not mistakenly married a corpse.

Thus was the premise of "Corpse Bride", a remarkable animated fantasy where the real world is dull and drab, and the underworld is alive and kicking. It's a gothic musical that makes you feel good about yourself. Oddly enough I have never seen Burton's other stop-motion animated film, "The Nightmare Before Christmas." I must rent that soon.

You might notice that I have added the phrase "If you vote for me, all of your wildest dreams will come true," as the subtitle of this blog. I think it's the perfect campaign slogan. Who would dare vote against the actualization of their wildest dreams? Definetely a winning strategy. Forget "Vote for Pedro" and start printing those "Vote for Phil" t-shirts with this slogan on the back!