Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Hosting trivia was fun last night. I went into it thinking that it was getting old and it would probably be my last time hosting. But it was such a rush that I'll have to sign up to do it again. My co-host was a cool guy who was alot of fun to host with but he told a lot of intentionally bad jokes that turned the audience against him. One table took a liking to me in particular (they named their team "Phil Me Up!") and whenever my co-host started acting annoying they started up a chant of PHIL! PHIL! that was picked up by the rest of the 70-someodd people there. So that stroked my ego. In other words, I played the face while my co-host played the heel.

I did three rounds of trivia. The first was a top ten list where I asked for the top 10 fast food restaurants in the U.S., based on their number of franchises. Subway was # 1. Noone thought to include Dairy Queen which was # 5. Then I did an "audio" round where I read the first few sentences of classic novels and had the players name the title and author. I did "To Kill a Mockingbird", "Dracula", "Anna Karenina", "The Grapes of Wrath", "Ragtime", "Oliver Twist", "The Last of the Mohicans", "Lord of the Flies", "Crime and Punishment" and "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn." Finally I did a visual round where they had to identify pictures of female tennis players. All in all, they did quite well. The event draws some smart people!

Since I haven't been home much the last few days I have so many programs saved up on my TiVo. No idea when I'll find the time to watch them all. And "Lost" is on tonight!