Monday, December 05, 2005

First blog posting in a few days. It was a fun weekend : saw "Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire", watched the Giants win, and went to birthday parties for Nobi and Daryl.

First stop on Saturday was Nobi's party, held at Jappas 38, a Japanese kareoke bar in midtown. Nobi required all attendees to sing a one-song minimum. Now when I do kareoke, I only choose the most difficult songs with the most lyrics. A few years ago I did Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire." And this past Saturday I did Eminem's "Lose Yourself." Snap back to reality, oh here comes gravity... Also at that party were several people from Vassar including Rouslan, a native of Kazakzstan. See, not only Borat comes from Kazakzstan!

Then it was off to Brooklyn for Daryl's party at The Living Room Lounge. Good to see alot of people there including Jess, Brad, Sarah, Sydney, Britta, Ned, Matt and Lori.

And when I woke up on Sunday morning, there was snow! More is expected this week. Winter has arrived.

And the Mets got a new catcher - Paul Lo Duca - a Brooklyn native!

I've been asked to plug the following event. I won't be able to attend but it sounds pretty cool...
DEBATE: "Is Dating Tougher for Men or Women?" The Anonymous Blogger vs. Hillery Borton (Moderator: Evanchik; Host: Seavey), at Lolita bar on Broome and Allen, Wed. Dec. 7, 8pm.