Friday, December 23, 2005

It has been a rollicking week on my blog for comments. As of now, there were 7 on Monday, 10 on Tuesday and 14 on Thursday. I think that has to be a record. Thanks to everyone for participating! I guess that a transit strike and a ranking list of television programs inspires lots of emotions.

I want to wish all of my readers a very happy holidays including Christmas and Hanukkah. Although I never really got Hanukkah. It appears that us Jews only celebrate it to the extent that we do because of its proximity on the calendar to Christmas and so Jewish kids won't get left out of the present giving. But in terms of its significance as a holiday, it is not as important as say Rosh Hashanah or Passover. Nor is it as festive as Purim. Yet society as a whole does not celebrate Rosh Hashanah, Passover or Purim as much as it does Hanukkah. Maybe those other holidays just need better marketing.

Anyway, this blog is taking the weekend off. See you next week!