Tuesday, December 13, 2005

My uncle got through his operation allright yesterday so that is a huge relief!

I received a nice e-mail yesterday from a guy who found my blog by searching for the Nevele Grande - the Catskill resort that I visitied last December. He is taking his family up there for New Years and wanted to know my take on it. This guy is a real Catskill veteran. Although he said that he'd never been to the Nevele before, he had gone to the Stevensville, Kutshers, Homawack, Pines, Raleigh, and Echo.

Last night I had a nice dinner at the Henry Street Ale House in Brooklyn Heights. Right around the corner from the bar/restaurant is the Plymouth Church on Orange Street. That was a significant locale in the Underground Railroad. And right next to the church is an old home that I used to visit years and years ago. It belonged to an old friend of the family and I remember going there once when I was 5 or 6. I went to use his bathroom and in order to flush the toilet, you had to pull an overhead string. So I did but I possibly yanked too hard on it and the string came off in my hand. I then remember telling our friend that I broke his bathroom.