Thursday, December 15, 2005

STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE!

I know that the right thing to say is that I hope there will not be a transit strike tomorrow. But my mischievous anarchist side really wants to watch the city experience complete chaos. For one day. Any strike lasting longer than a day would probably annoy me. I like Bay Ridge but do I want to be STUCK there? As far as going to work, it would not be likely to happen tomorrow. My walk would be 65 street blocks and 5 avenue blocks. Doable on a perfect spring day but in freezing December? Uh uh. Come next week, if a strike is still going on then I will consider other options such bumming a ride from my boss. And then there are the parties this weekend and other social plans that all have to be put on hold until we find out what happens. But for one day and one day only, a strike would be great fun.