Thursday, January 12, 2006

As movie award season approaches and all of the critics have released their year-end Top 10 lists, I thought that I would do so myself. There are a few movies that I haven't seen yet that, based on critical acclaim, might warrant a ranking such as Munich, Walk the Line and A History of Violence. But based on the movies that I have seen this year, here is my Top 10!

1- Good Night, and Good Luck
2- Brokeback Mountain
3- King Kong
4- Crash
5- March of the Penguins
6- The Wedding Crashers
7- Mad Hot Ballroom
8- Sin City
9- Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire
10- Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

Eclectic selection, no? Other movies that I enjoyed that didn't quite make the cut were Fever Pitch, Revenge of the Sith, Batman Begins, Cinderella Man, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, and Rent.