Wednesday, January 18, 2006

So how about this weather? For two hours this morning, I lay in bed listening to the pounding sounds of the wind. It was very tempting to stay there and build a fortress with my blankets. Bad weather + good book that I'm reading (Philip Roth's "The Plot Against America") + several TV shows stored on my TiVo = day off? Not to be. Having been off for the MLK holiday on Monday and having a doctors appointment scheduled for tomorrow, I trudged my way in through the rain and the wind. After all, there's stuff to be done!

The first four hours of "24" were as exhilarating as any. David Palmer - assassinated! Michelle Dessler - blown up! Tony Almeida - fucked up! And then there was the hostage crisis at the airport. So exciting. Best part is that Jack Bauer has reached the point where he's no longer taking any crap. Or in his words.. "The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry you."

And the Golden Globes were on Monday. Glad to see "Brokeback Mountain" do so well. It's probably now the frontrunner to win Best Picture at the Oscars. Hopefully it will change the attitude of some of the homophobes out there. Other well deserved winners included "Lost" and Steve Carrell as Best TV Comedy Actor for "The Office."