Monday, January 02, 2006

So this is 2006, eh? Seems to me to be no different than 2005. And yes, I am making a conscious effort to incorporate "eh?" into my vocabulary. All in anticipation of my vacation to Canada in June. Gotta assimilate myself with the locals.

Love it when holidays fall out on Sundays - meaning that I get the Monday afterward off. So I am off to the movies today which will be a thousand times more than what I did yesterday, which was... absolutely nothing! Does anyone actually ever do things on New Years Day? I did venture out to my bagel store around the corner and they were saying that they were going to have to close early because only two people bothered to come in for work.

I conclude with a thought on what I think should go back into fashion. Bowler hats. Come on, who doesn't look good in a bowler hat? If I lived in a different time period, I would be psyched about walking around all day in a black bowler. Fortunately at the party I attended on Saturday night, they were giving out plastic bowlers to the attendees. Given a choice of pink, orange or yellow, I chose yellow and wound up looking like The Man in the Yellow Hat from "Curious George."