Sunday, September 10, 2006

Today I made my feature film debut. Kind of.

Around the corner from my apartment building, they were filming "Then She Found Me," a romantic comedy starring and directed by Helen Hunt. The scene that they were filming was Hunt and Colin Firth sitting on a bench outside of Yanni's - a restaurant that's a block from me. From what I hear, Matthew Broderick and Bette Midler are also supposed to be in this movie that will be released next year.

Anyway, they were shooting the scenes with Hunt and Firth and they had a bunch of extras walking back and forth. Two other local residents and I were standing in the background watching them. When they adjusted their cameras to get different angles, they realized that we were in the line of the shot. Rather than tell us to move, they asked if we could stand by the bus stop that was there and look like we were waiting for a bus, as part of the background. So we did that for about four takes. If it makes it into the film, I will surely be expecting compensation.

After they wrapped (that happened to be the last scene they were filming), Helen Hunt went into Yanni's and came out with a birthday cake filled with candles. She then presented it to Colin Firth, whose birthday it was today. Everyone there (me included) then sang Happy Birthday to him.

Now I have to sit down with my agent to find a follow up project.